Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Secret Life of Bees.

I meant to write about what I had planned today (see entry below), but I ran across this trailer. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd is an amazing book and I can't wait to see the movie. For those of you that don't know, Brett is studying honeybees for his master's work, and will be continuing that work at the PhD level at Georgia. Anyways, Brett told me that recently he met the beekeeper that worked on the set of the movie. The movie looks like it will be good- the casting seems right-on, anyways, but I still recommend that you read the book first. 9 times out of 10 the book is better (in my humble opinion, of course.) The Southern Gothic style has always been one of my favorites.

Interesting note: Sue Monk Kidd is from Georgia and currently lives somewhere in Charleston. For a while, though, she resided in the humble little town of Anderson, SC. 

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I keep hearing about that book. Maybe I should get it--I think my mom even has a copy.

And I can't believe your doctor said that you to! What a jerk. Besides, the odds of being raped by a person WITH a type of HPV covered by the vaccine AND catching it is just way, way smaller than the chance you'll have a reaction. I am concerned for what the vaccine could be doing to these girls' reproductive systems. How could they possibly know yet?