Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring gardening update....

There are only a few weeks left until I can move all my baby plants outside and plant my remaining seeds! I'm planning on putting them out the second week of April, so here's hoping that the frost forecast is accurate. Worst case scenario will involve me running outside will bedsheets, frantically covering all my little plants. 

The pic below is of my tomato operation. It looks sketchy, I know. Most of them are doing okay- a few look leggy. The great thing about tomatoes is that you want to plant them deep anyway, which means that it shouldn't hurt them too much. 

Assuming the weather this weekend is as beautiful as the weatherman claims it's gonna be, I'm going to be doing a TON of yardwork this weekend. Brett's trip was postponed for two weeks, so he is actually here instead of in the swamps of Florida. That means I can get him to mow the lawn, spray weeds, and haul mulch for me to spread! Also need to weed my flower garden......

BTW- I have been feeling so much better lately! Yesterday I went a whole day without Zofran- first time in weeks! I even managed to have a pretty good 3-miler after work. I have been trying to wean myself off it little by little, and again today, so far, so good. Of course, without drugs, I obviously have to be a lot more conscientious about keeping my tummy full. Luckily I've found that I can handle go-gurt and string cheese. Not the same as my organic, sugar-free, yummy Greek yogurt, but we're making progress.

No comments: