Saturday, March 27, 2010

Resources.

I am often asked for suggestions for good books dealing with fertility/pregnancy/birth/ breastfeeding/etc. I actually have a pretty big library- because I love books so much, I don't hesitate to buy whatever catches my eye. Anyways, I thought I'd make a quick list of what I have "in stock," so that if anyone wants to borrow, he/she can just let me know what they'd like. I am not opposed to mailing books, either. So if you'd like to check something out (of my own personal library :-) ) don't hesitate to ask- knowledge is power, people!

Women’s health/fertility

Our bodies, Ourselves – Boston Women’s Health Book Collective

Taking Charge of Your Fertility – Toni Weschler

Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbearing Year – Susun Weed

Pregnancy

Our Bodies, Ourselves: Pregnancy and Birth – Boston Women’s Health Book Collective

The Pregnancy Book – William and Martha Sears

Childbirth

Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth – Ina May Gaskin

Spiritual Midwifery – Ina May Gaskin

Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way – Susan McCutcheon-Rosegg, Erick Ingraham, and Robert A. Bradley

Your Best Birth – Ricki Lake and Abby Epstein

Birthing From Within – Pam England

Childcare

The Baby Book – William, Martha, Robert, and James Sears

The Vaccine Book – Robert Sears

Why Love Matters: How Affection Shapes a Baby’s Brain – Sue Gerhardt

Postpartum care

Mothering the New Mother – Sally Placksin

Breastfeeding

The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding – La Leche League International

The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers – Jack Newman

P.S. - Lucy has a new high chair.

No comments: