Monday, August 16, 2010

I'm feelin' allllll-right.

I don't want to jinx myself, but....I'm finally feeling a lot better (hurriedly knocking on wood). I think it's a combo of getting more sleep (yay, night weaning!), getting a bit of an appetite back, starting up running again, and being a "good girl" with my vitamins and supplements.

23 weeks.

That's right, folks, I'm back on the treadmill- WOO-HOO!! I put in 6 miles last week- but don't get too excited. I decided to actually pace myself for once (which is difficult, considering that I often push myself too hard), and do a run-walk combo. My strategy for last week and this week? Run 1 mile. Walk 1/10 mile. Run 1/2 mile. Walk 1/10 mile. Run 1/4 mile. Walk remaining distance for a cool-down. I'm hoping that I'll be able to gradually work up to running a total of 3 miles- whether that's non-stop, or even taking a quick break. I really, really want to get a few 5ks in before this kiddo is born.

What? I'm not about to open these drawers and dump them out!

I've also been brewing up gallons of my preggo tea (red raspberry leaf, nettle, alfalfa, and peppermint) and taking both my prenatals (Rainbow Light) and an iron supplement (Floradix). This is a big step, because for the last few months I couldn't keep even the smallest of vitamins down. Floradix is pretty gross, but it's an awesome supplement in terms of effectiveness, and I don't want to mess around with anemia again- knowing Med Group, they'll use it against my natural (home?!?!) birth plans.


This is a pretty busy week for me- I've been super busy with work, plus I just finished up an online course regarding post-Partum mood disorders (this includes depression, psychosis, etc.) I'm still plugging away with reading for my doula certification, plus I have the comprehensive exam (last step to finalize graduation!) for my Master's coming up next week. On Thursday I have my follow-up ultrasound at Sacred Heart to see how the Deuce is doing, and then on Saturday we're headed to PA for Goose's birthday. I cannot wait! However, I'm already bracing myself for the weather, because the heat here has been brutal this summer, and PA gets cold early (yes, even at the end of August!)

Don't let this innocent face fool you- she's TROUBLE!

Well, I'm off to pick up around the house now that the Goose is asleep (yay for babies who still enjoy nursing to sleep- I swear my breastmilk has a tranquilizer in it), and laundry is calling. Will update after my ultrasound, if not before.

Hanging out with Daddy.

2 comments:

Beth said...

And you say I sound ambitious! I don't know how you do it all. I'm glad your feeling better now because that's got to make it all so much easier.

I do a run/walk combo too, only it's sort of the opposite of yours! Okay it's not that bad, but it's not much. At least I'm running some though. I used to run xcountry in high school but that was a looooong time ago!

BFing rarely put Eleanor to sleep at night. I always tried to nurse her to sleep, but she prefers to fall asleep with her little blanket, sucking her thumb. So cute! :)

Ida Mae said...

Lucy is a doll, can;t wait to see you next baby! Enjoy her birthday. We just had Sam's what an emotional time! He decided to walk for everybody! Only the second time ever, how cool.
Happy Birthing Day Momma!