Saturday, August 28, 2010

Lucy's "First" 1st Birthday Party!

I'm calling it her "First" 1st party because we're having one in SC, too. Last weekend we headed up to PA to spend the better part of a week with my side of the family. We had a blast seeing everyone, and Lucy was super happy to meet her (well, my actually) newest cousin, Mya! Mya was born in May, so she is "sandwiched" between the Goose and the Deuce. We also went to the county fair, but that is another post for another day.


We had a Lilly Pulitzer theme.

The whole family came out.

Lilly wore her new "1" tshirt and favorite tutu.

We had sandwiches, wraps, fruit and veggie trays, chips and avocado dip, cookies, a punch (lime/lemon/pineapple with ginger ale, lime sherbet, and maraschino cherries, to match the green-and-pink theme), and other goodies.

The "big person" cake was half chocolate, half white, with raspberry filling and buttercream frosting. Yummmm!

Lucy's cake was white with confetti chips and vanilla frosting.

Lucy was a little confused- was the whole cake for her?!?!?


Then she started in on the frosting...and you get the idea.

My new "maternity" dress- aka a Lilly a few sizes larger than normal. I put darts in the sides to make it fit better, and hopefully will have it tailored down to my normal size after the Deuce gets here. Waste not, want not! (Kudos to Brett for the ultra-flattering photo).

Our little family.

....Oh, and I don't have any pics of them yet, but from her mama, Lucy received a gold bangle bracelet and a little Vera Bradley bag (I cut the straps down and re-sewed them so that she can carry it around more easily). From her daddy, Lucy got a bubble machine :-)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

She looks so cute in that tutu! I didn't know you were so into sewing and could alter your own clothing. Is it hard? I haven't tried to learn that yet. Ivey got a little gold bracelet from Jordan's parents. That's a good idea to size down the strap on a Vera Bradley bag!