Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Agggggggggghhhhh frustration!

So I am pinning on Friday. Which (for you non-military people) means I am getting promoted, which means new rank on all my uniforms. Since my recent acquisition of a sewing machine, I have vowed to do my own uniform alterations. Flash forward to tonight. Apparently I bought the wrong color of thread, because it looks like shizzzz. So I guess I will be stopping at Michael's (I didn't feel like stopping today and instead went to Wal-Mart and bought what looked closest to "BDU green"- hence the wrong thread color) after all. Anyways, that's strike one.

Part of the reason I stopped at the store on the way home was to buy a bucket. Here's the rundown: my shower takes FOREVER to warm up in the morning. After reading Crunchy's blog entry concerning the challenge to save water, I decided to obtain a bucket in which to catch the otherwise-wasted water, which I plan to use later to water my plants. Stopped at Wal-Mart (I know, I know, Wal-Mart is not the place for wannabe crunchies, but that's a discussion for another day) and ended up buying a bunch of stuff, not including a bucket, which I failed to realize until I got home. EPIC FAIL.

On the bright side...I found an awesome new blog today. It's called The Girl Who Ate Everything. If you're a foodie or just intrigued by food in general, you should check it out. Too cool. 

Also, after weeks, no MONTHS of trying to discern the nature of the amazing sauce served at Saigon Noodle House, I finally have an answer. Whenever I ask one of the waitresses there, they always tell me it's a secret. The joke is on them now! Robyn of TGWAE (see above) discussed it in one of her entries. The wikipedia description is here.  It turns out that it's called Nuoc cham, and mainly consists of fish sauce, lemon juice, sugar, and water. If I get ambitious I may attempt to make it at home. In the meantime, I will be checking out the Vietnamese store downtown. 

Tomorrow morning marks my latest attempt at getting back into the workout mode. It has been so hot and humid here when I get home from work that I never feel like running, so I have decided to try running first thing in the morning instead. Will let y'all know how that turns out.



No comments: