Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Two of my favorite things...brownies and shoes!


I came across this recipe today. Even though I obviously can’t try this out until I get home, I thought I’d post it anyway in case anyone else wanted to give it a try. It sounds great! If you make them before I do, let me know how they are.

 Cocoa Brownies

 Makes 16 brownies

Prep time: 10 minutes

Total time: 35 minutes

 

Cooking spray

¾ cup all-purpose flour

½ cup unsweetened cocoa

¼ teaspoon salt

½ teaspoon baking powder

4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature

2/3 cup sugar

1 large egg

2 egg whites

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 tablespoons brewed strong coffee, cooled to room temperature

½ cup nonfat Greek yogurt

¼ cup mini semisweet chocolate morsels

¼ cup chopped walnuts

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil; spray lightly with cooking spray.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
  3. With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar at medium speed for 2-3 minutes, or until combined. Add egg, egg whites, vanilla, and coffee. Continue beating until incorporated.
  4. Scrape sides of bowl down with a spatula and reduce mixer speed to low. Slowly add flour mixture, followed by yogurt, and mix gently until combined.
  5. Stir in walnuts and chocolate.
  6. Spread mixture evenly in pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of pan comes out dry.

On a side note, I’ve been shopping around for the perfect pair of fall pumps, and these fit the bill. They’re by Jessica Simpson, who makes some of my favorite shoes! Too bad she is super annoying as a person- she really knows how to make heels that are gorgeous AND comfortable.

No comments: