Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A productive day

Don't you just love the kind of day in which you get a lot done? I just wanted to post this as a reminder to myself that I CAN be this productive. Things accomplished today:

1. Canned more dill pickles (thanks to a prolific cucumber crop)- mental note (??) to start with the bread and butter pickles next week.
2. Preserved green beans (blanched, then frozen). If you want to try this yourself, check out the technique here. It's super easy, and a great way to save all your beans for the fall/winter.
3. Watered/weeded garden, refilled bird feeder and hummingbird feeder, got a load of dishes done, cleaned kitchen/mopped floors.
4. Paid bills for the month, got a good deal of homework done, started with my research paper.

BIG THING that happened today- sent away for application to/more info about the midwife course I want to start! Basically, I am hoping to start taking class with the National Midwifery Institute as soon as I finish my master's up, and get the academics out of the way (the classes are virtual.) Then I can work on finding someone to apprentice with! The whole CNM vs. CPM vs. CM etc. etc. is super complicated, so I will follow this up with a post explaining what exactly I want to do. Basically, I want to be able to take women from fertility awareness/natural family planning through pregnancy and delivery, as well as being knowledgeable (lactation consultant, maybe?) on breast feeding. Big goals, I know, but what a relief to finally know what I want to do! 

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Wow! Congratulations. I think midwifery and lactation are fascinating fields.